Laundry & Light Cleaning
Laundry & Light Cleaning Description
We will gather, wash, dry, fold/hang and put away your laundry and do light house cleaning while we wait in between loads.
The primary purpose of our “Laundry & Light Cleaning” service is to do your laundry. Our secondary focus with time between loads as we wait on the washer or dryer, is to “touch up and pick up” your home. Therefore, cleaning is not the primary focus and is provided at the pace and level that time and laundry needs allow.
Touch up cleaning includes quick tidy and picking up of high use rooms, light touch up cleaning of dirty areas, and some “daily tasks” like loading the dishwasher, wiping counters, light dusting, making beds, picking up toys. Wipe down of the kitchen and the bathroom countertops/sinks.
Clean the inside of the microwave and wipe down the stove top. Wipe down mirrors and accessible common area surfaces. Wash dishes or load/empty dishwasher. Make beds, change linens, and tidy up sofas. Collecting and taking out the garbage. Tidy up areas and straighten up where necessary. Our primary focus on “Laundry & Light Cleaning” day is laundry. Your written list prioritizing these tasks will be utilized to tailor the service to your preferences. We welcome feedback on the areas we “touch up clean” for you if we miss the mark on your priorities.
On your first service an initial complimentary 15 minute “Laundry Consult” is provided so you can show us where clothes go, where your dirty clothes collection points are, and what “touch up” areas are most important to you.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage (make sure you only have us wash items that are washable and are not “dry clean only”, or will shrink or fade).
- We will only launder what is found in the dirty clothes receptacles (your dirty clothes hamper, or laundry baskets clearly marked “dirty”).
- We will not collect clothing from floors to be laundered (to avoid mistakes for “dry clean only” items).
- We wash all loads on the “quick cycle” if there is one (front loaders).
- We wash on cold/warm cycles.
- We will use your laundry detergent, laundry booster pods, dryer sheets and wool dryer balls.
We will not use liquid bleach. Please provide laundry booster pods for whitening.
- We may leave large bulky items drying when we leave if our time is up.
- We will make every effort to wash and dry the “hard stuff” first (socks, clothes, t-shirts) and try to only leave the “easy stuff” drying if we will run out of time (like towels).
- Your feedback is welcome to help improve your laundry service experience.
- We will fold clothes, place them in drawers, or on beds, per your specifications.
- We will hang clothes in closets, let us know if we get it wrong on some locations.
- There must be a laundry room/area in your home with washer & dryer units to use this service.
- Please also note that we do not iron your clothes.
- We never climb higher than our 2-step ladder. Anything on your list beyond that reach may be dusted with an extension duster for safety reasons up to 12 foot.
- We do not dust dried floral arrangement or plants.
- We do not move heavy objects on wood floors.
- We do not detail grout.
- We do not use oven cleaner inside of self-cleaning ovens.
- We do not shampoo or spot wash carpets/area rugs.
We do not clean chandeliers.
We do not clean the open soffit area above kitchen cabinetry.
Our professional cleaning techs are laundry experts and will take great care to maintain the quality of your clothes and fabrics as well as your washer and dryer. And “yes,” we can clean your laundry room too!