Frequently Asked Questions
The time will vary depending on the service you select.
Typically, our clients tidy and organize in preparation for the cleaning. This allows our staff to focus on the cleaning. However, we do offer an add-on pick up service for your convenience.
We are happy to add any of our additional service offerings for you. Just log into your client portal, email us or call the office 48 hours in advance of your cleaning or talk with us before you schedule service.
No, only if you want to.
We love your pets and we want to ensure they are comfortable with us and that our technicians are safe in their presence. For safety, please let us know how your pets should be handled you know them better than we do.
We offer a fresh, all-natural, green, organic, aromatherapeutic cleaning that is simply heavenly and safe for people, pets and the planet. We provide all the cleaning supplies, vacuums, and equipment.
We can do whatever you need. We offer a few options and talk with you about them during the estimate.
Depending on the scope of the job, the size of your nest, we’ll either send one Cleaning Technician or a team. Clients are charged for total hours of labor per employee, so one Cleaning Technician working for four hours equates to the cost of two Cleaning Technicians working for 2 hours.
Yes, and all of our staff are employees of our company and are covered by workers compensation insurance and all taxes are paid. We're able to provide proof of insurance upon request.
We pride ourselves on conducting thorough criminal background checks, we screen at three levels (federal – state and county) and verify every reference and check against the national sex offender lists. With the low-turn over, we’re never tempted to take chances with marginal job candidates.
Yes, we make every effort to send you the same technicians. We find this works best for you, the technicians and us. Usually we are pretty good at it however we do offer our staff time-off so we are not able to guarantee it.
Yes, of course we can schedule this for you. We have a 3 hour minimum and the sooner you contact us the better availability we are able to offer you when scheduling.
We can give you a call if we have time to do more, and you can just pay an additional hourly. Or, we can schedule a return visit very quickly.
We can give you a two-hour window and we can arrange to notify you about 30 minutes ahead of our arrival.
We accept credit card (Visa, MasterCard, discover and American Express) payments. Services will be charged in full the morning of your scheduled service date. All initial services are only guaranteed with a $100.00 credit card deposit. We do not accept cash or check payments.
Yes, absolutely! We have built our business and reputation by providing our clients with the best possible cleaning service available anywhere. Still, we realize that because our employees are human beings, they sometimes make mistakes. For this reason, we offer you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. In the unlikely event that you are not 100% satisfied with our service call before 11:00AM the following business day and we'll re-clean the area of concern to your satisfaction.
We make every effort to take the greatest care in your home and understand accidents happen. We believe in shining a spotlight on an issue rather than sweeping it under the rug. If something gets broken or damaged, our staff are trained to photograph it and report it immediately, without reprimand. They are careful and considerate of each space they attend, but every now and then something can happen (we are human, after all). Once reported to the office, we contact you to discuss a fair and quick resolution.
Freshen Your Nest is a member of ARCSI – the Association of Residential Cleaning Services International and we’ve earned the prestigious Seal of Excellence. ARCSI’s Residential Cleaning Seal of Excellence is awarded to residential cleaning companies who meet a rigorous set of industry and business standards.
As the not-for-profit international trade association representing the residential cleaning industry, ARCSI believes that in documenting and verifying information before awarding our prestigious seal, we are providing consumers a level of expectation and confidence regarding the professionalism, ethical business practices, and commitment to continuing education from company they are considering giving access to their homes.
Yes, we have a heart and soul for cleaning! When we had the opportunity to partner with the Cleaning For A Reason Foundation we felt no hesitation in providing the gift of free house cleaning to women in our community undergoing treatment for cancer - any type of cancer. Fighting cancer is tough! Cancer patients often have compromised immune system and can be susceptible to disease, making a clean home essential. The benefit of your home being cared for can relieve stress and aid recovery – especially when ill from chemotherapy or surgery and unable to take care of your home and family as you’re used to. Our partnership with the foundation makes it possible for us to do our part in the way we know best – cleaning homes every day, and making a difference. We are committed to being a leader in our industry by doing our part. We enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from our volunteer efforts.
During this COVID-19 pandemic, we realize we are in a unique position to be part of the wellness solution. We aim to bring our extensive depth of knowledge, preparedness and experience in the science of cleaning to facilitate the prevention of illness and maintain a healthy living environment. By sanitizing to help disinfect your home, we strive to provide worry-free peace of mind when you are home. A clean house is important for the health and well-being of your entire family. We are seeing an increased demand for professional cleaning services and many of our clients are increasing the frequency of their appointments.
High Touch Point Sanitizing
A clean home is not only a happy home, it's a safe and healthy home. On routine pre-scheduled recurring cleanings, we place special emphasis on the highest touch surfaces in your home to help prevent illness. This includes:
- Door Bell
- Cabinets & drawer pulls
- Door knobs & handles
- Appliance handles
- Remote controls
- Light switch covers
- Sink faucets & knobs
- Kitchen counters
- All bathroom surfaces
This is now available as an enhanced stand-alone service.
Cleaning for Health Safety Procedures to Keep Your Family Safe
Here are the highlights of the procedures we have implemented to ensure your safety and that of our cleaning technicians.
- Pre-certify staff health checks daily: Each morning we pre-certify staff health through our multi-step screening including temperature checks before clock-in or clock-in is unavailable.
- Gloves: Cleaning technicians wear nitrile (100% latex free) gloves in your home with proper donning and doffing always.
- Masks: Cleaning technicians wear cloth masks upon entry to your home and anytime they are within 6 feet of a household member.
- Shoe Covers: Cleaning technicians will wear shoe covers (when requested) in your home.
- Hand & Equipment Sanitizing: Cleaning technicians are trained in proper hand washing and will do so entering and leaving homes. In addition, technicians are supplied with ample hand sanitizer and equipment is wiped down with disinfectant before entering your home.
- Microfiber: We are 100% microfiber. Microfiber is proven to remove up to 98% of microbes including bacteria and viruses. Our entire system is color coded, room by room to further prevent cross-contamination in your home. Each and every home receives its very own amply supplied and specially made bag of freshly clean microfiber. We use different cloths for dusting, glass, kitchens, bathrooms, stainless steel, high & low long dusting and mopping hard surface floors. After use in your home, cloths are removed from cleaning for the day. We only bring freshly laundered cloths into your home. For professional cleaning operations like ours, preventing cross-contamination both within and between jobs is a hallmark of the way we do business.
- Floors: Our floor cleaning system is closed loop. We use two hard surface floor cleaning methods; pH neutral and when requested disinfectant. All microfiber floor cleaning pads are blue and we use a fresh pad every 50-100 Sq. Ft of hard flooring surface throughout your home. It is common for technicians to use 3-10 fresh floor pads per home sometimes even more.
- Vacuums: Our vacuums are gold level, green label HEPA certified (the highest seal available) by IICRC & CRI Institutes with a sealed filtration system – 100% of air passes through the HEPA media filter, keeping dust particles, most allergens and irritants from escaping back onto the floor or into your indoor air. Before and after each home our vacuums are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized to disinfect. For professional cleaning operations like ours, preventing cross-contamination both within and between jobs is a hallmark of the way we do business.
- Sanitizing to Disinfect: Cleaning for health and wellness are hallmarks of our service for over 16 years right down to our disinfectant of choice and EPA approved - "peroxide". Our disinfectant of choice is safe, effective and non-toxic for adults and children, allergy & asthma sufferers and pets and is biodegradable for the planet. Our cleaning agents are both effective and safe for your family, indoor air-quality and the environment.
- Social Distancing: Our solo technician model lends itself to natural social distancing for our staff. Our technicians leave from home to arrive at their first morning job, move onto lunch, followed by their afternoon job, from which they head home. When technicians greet you and while working in your home we ask that they be given 6 feet of social space while cleaning. Pets included. On the rare occasions we work in a team our system is designed to carry out social distancing.
- Staff Illness: We have made it 100% clear to stay home if they are at all feeling unwell. No exceptions, period. Safety & wellness come first.
- Client Illness: We ask that if any client has a household member who is exhibiting flu like symptoms to please notify our office so we can reschedule cleanings until they are well. We will decline to clean any home for a period of 20 days after anyone in the home has traveled internationally. We will not enter any home where someone is sick. We are all in this together.
- Added Training & Certifications: We are always learning and growing our base of knowledge to meet the high standards of cleaning for health and wellness. We have moved our weekly "Mini-Morning Training's" to ZOOM video conferences and they are a huge hit. In addition to the over 180 hours of initial certified training each and every cleaning technician receives, we’ve most recently added these 3 professional training certifications;
GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council), Division of IISA - SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 Fundamentals Certification, GBAC-Trained Technician,
IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning Restoration Certification) - Professional House Cleaning Technician Certification,
Modern Cleanings – What House Cleaning Professionals Need to Know in a COVID-19 World.
We take our role as an essential business in the fight against this novel coronavirus seriously. Freshen Your Nest is a leader in the house cleaning industry in implementing cleaning processes that carefully remove harmful matter from the home and dispose of it in a responsible manner, minimizing any chance of cross contamination. Keeping your home clean is one of the most important things we can do to prevent the spread of illness and this new coronavirus.
Please call us in the office with any questions or concerns.